Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 11, 2012

PAUL DEWAR

PAUL DEWAR


RESUME MP, Ottawa Centre; Tools for Peace worker in Nicaragua; former teacher; was Foreign Affairs critic; part of fact-finding mission in Afghanistan; pushed generic drugs for poor countries; hosted Arts Summit.
KEY BACKERS MP Charlie Angus and five other MPs; 13 Manitoba MLAs, nine of them cabinet ministers; 10 former staffers of Rights & Democracy; James Clancy, president of the National Union of General Employees; Maher Arar.
EMPHASIZES A permanent infrastructure plan; green energy jobs; ending oil subsidies; eliminating tax havens; creation of a Centre for Peacebuilding and Human Security.
POSITIONING I’m the passionate guy who can fire up the party base to snag those crucial 70 new seats.
SAYS:
• “I said French is a challenge for me, and I put it on the table. I know I’m not going to fool anyone.”
• “Grassroots politics is core to our party; grassroots politics is going to take us to the next level.”
• “Jack said we need to take better care of each other. At the core of our movement, at the core of my values is that notion.”
ATTRIBUTES Terrific NDP family pedigree; major player in the Afghan torture issue; astute world affairs observer; deep peace-building consciousness; base in Manitoba; inspires confidence in the NDP as a movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment